20/07/2006

MY blog

Some in My family
Since the beginning I have always written about my family in my blog. They are what is most important to me! I have had a rich life because my family identity is that of being immigrants from Portugal. Every family as a collective has an identity....immigrants, politicians, civil servants, italian, portuguese, greek etc. Sunday we visited my cousin who is very ill. She received a phone call from her son who was at a baptism in New Jersey. He was the godfather of the baby. He told his mother who just finished chemotherapy and will be doing more chemotherapy in two weeks that the party was not the same without her. She was the glue of the family, the enthusiastic one who gathered everyone for the usual pictures or told the funny stories etc. She is the life of the party. My grandmother left her job to raise nine grandchildren and countless other children of Portuguese immigrants in Norwood so that they could work and make money. She did this for free for everyone, even if they were not her grandchildren. She is precious to me just like the rest of my family. SACRED. They know me best. We have lost in our family our share of lives of the parties....Tony, Sue.... too early... ..So I will keep practicing those photos of my 6 month old nephew and my 47 year old cousin and my 94 year old grandmother and everyone in between. And I will write about them in my blog. And I will cherish every moment.

8 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

Lindo!

sambarreira disse...

Olá miuda!!
Vale a pena perguntar como estás??
Bjos muito grande para voces todos e para o novo membro da familia um beijão muito especial!!
Sam

Living Place disse...

A Familia... a nossa ancora para todas as ocasiões!

Anónimo disse...

Hi, dear...
Too early... yeah, I also know what that means... 5 years passed by and it's like it was yesterday, and it's like it was a long time ago the last time I saw Him.
It's true, we miss them everyday, every holiday, every party, every time we need some good advice and they aren't there. But deep inside, He's always there... Everytime I cry for help, everytime I need to focus and find my way, I ask Him, and He shows me the way. I believe He will show me the way until I die. I will love him forever, I will miss him forever, but he's my guiding light, and I believe he'll always show me the way.
A big hug to your cousin and her family... It won't be easy, but what is?
A big kiss from me... to U! Miss u, and pray that your gone loved ones will guide your way.

Rosa

saloia disse...

Dearest cousin Rosa
Yes, he was also a life of the party wasnºt he? I remember when he was in America he became good friends with Tony. They were good people!

Sam...will write you soon...
Sandra...your comments are wonderful
Sonia and Bruno...hugs for you!

and Anabela..hello to you.

bjs
Mary

Sofia Schiappa disse...

A família faz parte de nós...não a escolhemos como os amigos,... está entranhada, enraizada desde que nascemos até que morremos,...e isso faz com que seja parte de nós, parte do nosso saber, parte do nosso coração! E como já dizia o outro(agora não me lembro quem) Recordar é viver!!!
Beijinhos

rafaela teves disse...

Hello dear Mary,

Thanks for sharing the good and the bad moments with us!

Wish all of your family all the best.

And to you a big kiss!

Até breve!

Anónimo disse...

:)***